1. You can eat healthy without a lot of effort/time. You don’t have to be a master chef or have hours upon hours of time to dedicate to the kitchen.
2. Eating healthy isn’t about crazy ingredients and expensive trips to the grocery store. Making sweet potato fries from scratch costs so much less than a bag of frozen sweet potato fries! You can buy potatoes for $.99/pound; a couple tablespoons of oil and some shakes of seasoning and you are eating like a king for $2.00, compared to $5.00 for a bag of frozen fries that don’t taste near as good.
3. Natural, REAL food can taste darn good!!! you don’t need to buy the fries from the store with unnecessary additives that you can’t pronounce.
1-2 sweet potatoes, depending how many people you want to feed. 1 potato is more than enough for Matt and I.
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1-2 teaspoons italian seasoning
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash and scrub your sweet potato if you want to keep the skins on OR peel your sweet potato (I used to peel, but now I leave the skins on. Super yummy)
3. Cut your potato in half, then half again, then into little fry shaped strips.
4. In a large mixing bowl; mix up your fries, olive oil, and seasonings. I will be honest, I never measure. Just add enough oil to coat all of the fries and I just shake my italian seasoning on until it looks like enough lol. You really can’t mess it up, just don’t go totally crazy with it : P
5. Spread fries onto a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 15 minutes. Take the fries out and flip them around/mix them up. Put them back in the oven and cook for another 12-15 minutes. They are done when they start to get crispy.
6. Serve with your favorite dip and enjoy. These are especially good with homemade honey mustard.