Okay, Okay, I know what you are thinking. “Has she gone crazy?” Not entirely, haha. This recipe came out of having random stuff in the fridge (including a chicken breast and half a block of cheddar) and just wanting to play around in the kitchen. Of course, I had to get hot sauce involved and voila! Deliciousness. Let me just say, this still isn’t the healthiest thing on the planet… BUT with the super bowl coming up, you know that the standard version of this dip is going to be making its way to a plate near you. So I am just trying to help a friend out and give you a healthier alternative that still tastes 100% amazing (or in my opinion, 100% better than the original). I made it this past weekend for friends and they thought it was super yummy too!
So, you are probably wondering… why is this version healthier? Well, let me give you the low down. This version replaces the bottle of ranch dressing with greek yogurt and fresh seasonings found in ranch (garlic, onions, celery seed). I added some crunchy veggies to add some texture (bell peppers and celery). I replaced shredded canned chicken with fresh cooked chicken breast and I added great northern beans. I still used some cream cheese, but less than half of what most recipes call for. Yes, there is still a lot of cheddar cheese in it, sorry, but that is just how I roll. You can serve this with chips, celery sticks, or slices of bell pepper.
So here is the full recipe for you:
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 5.3 oz container plain greek yogurt
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup hot sauce
- In a medium bowl, toss the cubed chicken in the italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, and celery seed.
- Heat your oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Add chopped onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic and sauté until onions start to become translucent.
- Add cannellini beans, cream cheese, and shredded cheese and cook until fully melted.
- Add greek yogurt and hot sauce and cook until heated and mixed through.
- Serve with chips or celery sticks.
I really hope you guys enjoy this one. We found it pretty addicting in our house haha. Leave me a note in the comments if you give it a try!