Do you ever have one of those days that you are just OFF? That was me today. I left the house in a rush and forgot to brush my teeth. Then I drove right past my exit on the highway going to work. It was like “huh, that looked familiar….oh crap! That was my exit.” I was jamming to some Joe Diffie and apparently just wasn’t paying any attention. So then I had to drive to the next exit 5 miles away and turn the party around. Oh wait though, it gets better because during this whole ordeal I was on E. I had attempted to leave the house early to stop for gas, but that clearly didn’t happen lol. So I got to work a frazzled mess and it pretty much just went on like that all day. Thank goodness for Matt because when I got home he took care of making dinner. (Probably for fear I would set the house on fire with the way my day was going.) He came up with these AMAZING sweet potato fries and oh my gosh, they are amazing. They were equally amazing after we spilled them all over the floor and lost the majority of the garlic and parmesan. (I told you, it was an off day!)
Regardless of what kind of day you are having, these sweet potato fries are super easy to make and are a perfect side dish. Not to mention, making your own sweet potato fries is SO much cheaper than buying a bag of frozen ones at the store and you can control everything that goes into them! Win-win-win. If you want just regular sweet potato fries, check out my original post.
- 1 large sweet potato, skin washed well
- garlic olive oil to coat (regular will work too)
- salt and pepper
- approximately ⅛ cup parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice sweet potato into fry shaped pieces (I try to cut them on the smaller side so they crisp up better).
- Coat with olive oil (3 or 4 tablespoons approximately) and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until they start to get crispy.
- Remove from oven, put fries into large mixing bowl and add a little more garlic olive oil (to lightly coat). Add parmesan cheese and garlic. Mix together until well coated, adding as much parmesan cheese and you like.
- Enjoy while still hot!