My taste buds are so happy! Sometimes the simplest dinners are the best. As was the case with dinner tonight. Simple grilled veggies with a quick marinade over some brown rice. So easy and so adaptable to whatever veggies you might like! Add a nice crisp white wine, and you are good to go! I decided to go with all seasonal veggies from the farmers market this time around but really anything is good in here! I got some yellow and green beans, yellow squash, yellow zucchini, and green zucchini. As I am typing this, I am realizing that apparently I was really in the mood for yellow and green when I went shopping. Should have thrown in some yellow and green bell peppers to really take it over the edge! Unfortunately, peppers aren’t quite in season yet!
We grilled this on a griddle, but you could do it in the oven or on the stovetop if you don’t have access to an outside grill. It will still taste just as yummy, I promise! As far as the marinade goes, it was just a simple olive oil, lemon juice, and balsamic vinegar mix with salt and pepper. All stuff you probably already have in your pantry! Love it when that happens. Last time I made these grilled veggies, I used peppers, onions, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and garlic cloves. That was incredibly delicious as well. So just use whatever you have handy or whatever veggies you like the best and you will be just fine. You will have to adjust the marinade based on how many veggies you use, just keep an eye on how far your marinade goes and adjust accordingly.
Here is the recipe for y’all!
- 1 - 2 quart basket green/yellow beans, ends trimmed
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into rings
- 1 yellow zucchini, sliced into rings
- 1 green zucchini, sliced into rings
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked brown rice for serving
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- About an hour before grilling, mix veggies with marinade in a large bowl. Cover and put in fridge to marinade until you are ready to grill.
- Heat grill to medium heat, use either a griddle, a grill basket, or a cookie sheet and put your veggies on the grill.
- Flip occasionally until veggies begin to get a little char and are softened.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
What is your favorite thing to grill? Let me know in the comments below. I am always on the look out for new things to make on the grill in the summer.