Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone!! Since I know most of us are probably going to eat a little naughty today (no judgements here!) let’s start the day with this super healthy and delicious granola. This granola is THE BOMB. Packed with amazing nutrients and super foods, you can’t go wrong! This granola is all natural, meaning no refined sugars or icky additives here! All of the flavor comes from natural goodness. Think that all natural food can’t be delicious? Well think again, my friends! And trust me … this recipe is addicting!
So, before we get too far into this, let me just take a minute to share some of the ingredients and how awesome they are! All of the ingredients in this granola pack a mighty health punch. Everything is in here for a reason! Below, I list just a FEW of the health benefits for each ingredient. Feel free to search some of these ingredients online and see what people are saying about them! (I’ve linked to some credible sources of info if you want to look into the health benefits further.)
Oats – Control blood pressure, lowers bad cholesterol, helps you feel full for longer.
Almonds– Protect the heart, fight against diabetes, lowers risk of weight gain.
Pumpkin Seeds– Excellent source of vitamins K, B, and E. High in zinc.
Coconut & Coconut Oil– Increases energy levels and reduces hunger. Coconut has a ton of amazing health benefits and the attached link from Well-being Secrets goes over 28 of them in scientifically proven detail!
Chia Seeds– Loaded with fiber, omega 3 fatty acids, and antioxidants.
Flax Seeds– High in omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Studies are showing it has protective qualities against cancers and tumor growth.
Wheat Germ– Immune boosting loaded with fiber, vitamins E, B, and folate.
Sunflower Seeds– High in vitamin E and B. Also high in copper (good for the hair/skin)
Pure Maple Syrup– Prevents inflammatory diseases. Loaded with antioxidants.
Honey– Antibacterial, helps with pollen allergies
Extra Virgin Olive Oil– Maintains healthy cholesterol levels. Full of healthy fats. Protects the liver.
Aaaaannddddddd the best part – it tastes AMAZING! It makes you feel amazing and it keeps you full for hours!
Here is the recipe for y’all! Enjoy this with greek yogurt, in milk, or just eat it by the handful : )
- 10 cups old fashioned rolled oats (42 oz canister)
- 2 cups raw sliced almonds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- 1 cup wheat germ
- ¾ cups sunflower seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1½ cups maple syrup
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cups unrefined coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until well combined
- Spread onto parchment lined baking sheets in a single layer (it fills at least 4 sheets) and bake 20 minutes. Flip and mix around the granola and bake 20 more minutes. Flip and mix around. Bake for 5 to 10 more minutes. Until granola is crunchy and golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container. This recipe makes a lot of granola, if you want you can put some in the freezer to eat at a later date.
Let me know how you guys like this one! It makes a lot, so if you can’t eat it all within the next week or 2, put some in the freezer to be enjoyed later! Matt and I LOVE making this. We have it for breakfast or lunch with greek yogurt and we snack on it by itself any time we need a little midday pick me up.