follow link Spring is FINALLY starting to look like it is coming. There is only a little blob of snow in the corner! Yay! We have been taking the dogs for walks at night which has been really nice. I just started my tomato and pepper seeds this past weekend, I can’t wait to have fresh veggies again! With the warm up, I have been craving lighter and fresher meals. These roasted brussel sprouts really hit the spot the other day. We made these and sweet potato fries and that was the perfect week night dinner for us!
enter I used to think that brussels sprouts were gross. Probably like most kids, I just saw them once a year at Thanksgiving where they were steamed. Something about them just seemed so icky! I don’t know when or why I thought to give brussels sprouts another try, but I am SO happy I did. These roasted brussels sprouts are addicting, crunchy, and totally satisfying. If you don’t think you like brussels sprouts, please give these a try! I promise you will turn into a brussels sprout lover!!!
The best part of these brussels is that they are so easy, and you probably have everything you need in your pantry. They are just coated with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce. Stick them in the oven for about a half hour and voila!!
- 1½ pounds brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the ends off of brussels sprouts and cut in half. Put into large bowl. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce. Mix together until all of the brussels are coated. Spread into a single layer onto a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip around. Bake for 15 more minutes. Flip around. Bake for another 5 minutes. The brussels are done when they are starting to get crispy.