I wanted to be one of the cool kids. So I bought a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles. Obviously I am really late on the spiralizing trend, like, REAAAALLLY late. But, hey, better late than never, right? You know what finally got me on the spiralized train? Watching Food Network Star and Eddie Jackson made zucchini pasta and it looked SO good. Then a few weeks later my friend was telling me about her zucchini pasta and how delicious it is. So, 4 years after it became a trend, I bought a spiralizer. I really wish I would have 4 years ago, lol. It is amazing.
It is no secret that I am a pasta lover. It is one of our go to meals when we have nothing planned. I am kind of a carb addict, which I know, isn’t the healthiest thing in the world. I always eat whole wheat, but still. You don’t always feel like eating a giant bowl of carbs. And I am not a marathon runner that needs to load up on carbs for a long run. That is why this meal is so freaking awesome. It is just like pasta, but none of the carbs! It is a giant bowl of veggies and it is so tasty!!! We have been obsessed with this meal, I will be sad when all the local zucchini is done for the year : (
So, for those of you like me, that are way behind in all trends… here we go! First things first, you need a spiralizer. I am sure you can cut the noodles by hand, but that would take forever and still probably not be as thin. They aren’t expensive at all, so I just went for it and bought one. Here is a link to the one I bought:
Hahaha! Oh my gosh, it is like it is meant to be. I am watching Guy’s Grocery Games (can you tell what my favorite channel is??) and they have to use a spiralizer as part of their meal. Everyone went for zucchini noodles. Maybe I will get some ideas for future recipes!! Nom Nom Nom. But for now, here is the recipe for my current zucchini noodle pasta. This is loaded with peppers, onions, carrots, and cherry tomatoes. This is the perfect healthy dinner that doesn’t compromise on taste at ALL.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 bell peppers, sliced thin
- 1 hot pepper, sliced thin (optional)
- 1 large carrot, diced or spiralized
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 jar pasta sauce, homemade or store bought
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a large frying pan (with walls) heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, peppers, carrot, and garlic and cook until softened (about 5-8 minutes)
- Add spiralized zucchini and cherry tomatoes to onion/pepper mixture. Add as much pasta sauce as you like on your pasta. Stir all together and cook for 5 to 8 minutes until zucchini has softened slightly.
note: The link to the spiralizer is an affiliate link. You pay the same, but I get a small portion. Please consider using my Amazon links to keep SFN up and running for years to come! Thank you for your support!!